Canada on Rails: Advanced Rails AJAX techniques
Got here 15mins late, can’t read apparently, thought this was at 8:30 not 8
- with RJS you can send AJAX updates using the Rail’s partials you already have, just like you did to render the page originally.
- You can do a lot of stuff in pure ruby and Prototype will do the right thing on the JS side. Great idea
- you can send JS to a page via
page << "js code here"
- Showed demo of AJAX app he’s working on Fluxiom which is something like a web based, multiuser iPhoto. After showing the video on the site above intrested in the room went thru the roof and people were hanging on his every word.
- _via Campfire: Introducing the Web Inspector