Canada on Rails: Steve Baker13 Apr 2006
_I think this is his blog
- Full time Rails developer.
- I’m good at talking, but bad at slides. Lack of profanity or pornography in the slides.
- TDD is about Specification not Verification
Chai is good. Makes the body feel warm and my brain feel cushioned
- When changing your software change the tests first
He recapped a lot of what was covered in the testing chapter of the Rails book
- Tests mean that while you are writing your main code you know what to do next.
- Writing Ruby Support for Selenium
- lot’s of questions about TDD and if it was really useful and how to apply to their situation.
- How to get TDD working at his job: “I just made sure everyone knew I thought they were stupid for not writing tests.” Humm sounds like someone I know (*cough* Doug cough).
Listening to people having a hard sell to get their bosses to allow TDD makes me glad to work at RS