Canada on Rails: Alex Bunardzic - Less Technology -- Reclaiming the Software Development Craft, One Scaffold at a Time
just starting out…. title sounds interesting
after this I don’t know what to do… really tired but I’d love to look around. On the other hand sushi and sleep sounds very nice now
- taking the lighter dept. No more code snippets tonight.
- I’m an artist my whole life. (shows drawing of his grandmother)
- Zen teacher
- I am clueless. The more I learn the less I know. Beginners mind has endless possibility. Experts mind is full of crap.
- Clueless = going with the flow
- pre-emptive lets go of the assumptions
- focus on the language
- carpenters vs. luthiers (instrument builders)
- the “less code” movement
Update: I didn’t get the sense that anyone liked this talk much
slides at his site Alex Bunardzic