Canada on Rails: Tooling Rails
I have RadRails on my system, it’s pretty nice. Used Eclipse at my last job as my primary Java IDE, so maybe I’m brain damaged
- Dev include a lot of Mnt. Dew
- J2EE require tools to keep up
- Rails does not, but can be made better with tools
- all comes back to control, with J2EE you give up control, you no longer can figure out what’s going on.
- RadRails is a joke on RAD systems that take away code, 95% code gen leads to 5% comprehension of system
- Less code is not no code
- Put the dev in the driver seat, but give him all the buttons he need close on the dashboard
- Then he gave a demo
- Lot’s of interest from the commercial world, just don’t get it about open source (RadRails is CPL).